Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sophia's home-made owl backpack


Sophia likes her new backpack. I made this owl backpack for her with my Serger. I completed it December 30, 2009.

I learned lots of new things my serger can do with this project. The first thing I learned was that I can make an appliqués with it! Wow! What a huge discovery! Who knew that making pockets and things like eyes and a beak would teach me how to make those. While making the eyes and nose I realized that it is rather tough to make circular shaped appliques on a serger but not impossible.

I think with more practice I will feel a little better about making appliques to add details to things I make. Maybe I won't have to make them more than once to be satisfied with the results. All in all it was a fun little project to make and I learned a lot. I am glad it turned out so Sophia could enjoy it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: