Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4, 2009 We finally have Window Treatments in the front room



Posted by PicasaThrough the magic of my Babylock Serger and thanks to a little help from a little old sewing machine, the curtains in the front room are now hanging.  Although I am ecstatic to have the curtains up, I just can't help but notice how awful that chair looks in the rooms now.  It looks worse in this photo than it does in real life.  Scott had our house built in 2000 and up until today, we had no window treatments.  After I made the ducky costume for Sophia on Halloween, Scott started shopping around for sewing machines for me strangley enough.  He knows my sewing machine was seriously damaged in the process, but I had it repaired.    One day he straight out asked me what kind of sewing machine would it take for me to make curtains for our house. I told him I had everything I needed except the fabric and the Serger thread.  A few days later, I found myself in the fabric store picking out fabric with my husband and Sophia.  I told him about the curtains I had sewn many years ago in my apartment in Cape Girardeau in college and he decided I could give it a shot here in the house.  So the above photo is the result.  I think he was impressed.  Now, we are onto another project. 

We have also bought fabric for the theatre room downstairs which I will be attempting soon.  We have an Atrium style house with windows all across the back so there is lots of sunshine peeking in the windows.  I have yet to purchase the blackout fabric that will be attached to the curtains to keep the sunshine out of the basement for the theatre room. This will be my biggest project yet since I have never made curtains that would be hung on a remote control sliding track.  This could be very interesting. 

4 comments:

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

good job Debbie!

Design Lab 443 said...

Nice work!...if you're like me you'll be hooked on sewing. I am making valentine skirts today for the girls. Have fun!

Sikes Family said...

Thanks! I love sewing, but serging is even better. It goes faster than sewing. I just never had much time for it while working full-time. Now, that I am at home I can sneak in a little time between Sophia's naps.

Unknown said...

Nice work!