Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14, 2009 More New Words

Sunday Morning Sophia asked for an appo. It took me a few minutes to determine what she was asking. We were in her bedroom and she started saying "Appo! Appo!" I asked what are you saying, " Apple, Elmo, or Elbow? So I did the baby sign for apple and she smiled. I asked her about the other choices and she made no response. Then she said, "Appo" and put her fist near the apple of her cheek to tell me apple. Okay, I replied. We will have apples with breakfast. She was so excited when she realized that I understood her; she clapped and smiled.


Monday we went to the library and borrowed some different books to read. Sophia likes to say yellow so I picked up a book showing things that are yellow. One of the things in the book was a bumblebee. As I read the book to her, she repeated, "bumbobee!" I was delighted. Then, I made the buzzing sound for her. She imitated me and made a buzzing sound too. I was so impressed. She still remembers it today when I showed her the bumblebee in the book.

Tuesday Sophia was sick so we didn't get any pictures.

Wednesday Sophia added a new word to her vocabulary. The new word of the day was cracker or Sophia as pronounces it "Cwacko ." Most of us pronounce it cracker. Because Sophia was sick all I gave her was crackers and Jello. She quickly learned that if she asked for a cwacko, mommy would give her one. It is so cool that she can ask for something if she is hungry rather than me having to guess if she is hungry. This also let me know she was starting to feel a little better because she was getting her appetite back. I hope this is a good sign that she will be better soon.

No comments: