Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17, 2009 Play it Again Sophia...Entertaining Sick Mommy



Playing the piano to entertain mommy. What a beautiful tune Sophia!  
Sophia looks so tiny next to the BabyGrand. We bought this piano when I was pregnant with Sophia for her hoping she would really love it.  I think she loves it at least for now.

She is using both hands to play a little tune. Yeah Sophia!

Climbing onto the piano stool as mommy shouts, wait I will help you. No worries mom, I can do this myself thinks Sophia.

Hey, look at that mommy polished the piano like she does weekly and I can see myself in the reflection. How cool is that?
Posted by Picasa
I have been really sick for the last two days and trying to stay away from my darling daughter so that she doesn't catch what I have. I have been literally hiding at the other end of the house in my bed other than a cup of hot tea and a meal here or there. My husband has really taken over caring for Sophia while allowing me to rest. So, this morning, I told Sophia that mommy is really sick and cannot play with her. But I told her I would love to hear some piano music. I can still hear music if I am in the other room. Sophia did not waste one second thinking about that. She ran over to the piano. She climbed up onto the piano stool all by herself. I nearly jumped out of my skin fearful that she would fall and hurt herself. As you can see I guess I was just being a helicopter mom hovering and worrying too much. She had no trouble climbing up there and sat right down and started playing. If only she would keep up this enthusiasm to please mommy as she grows older. Yeah, right, a mom can dream can't she?
Once we realized she was ready to play music on the piano, Scott grabbed the camera and captured all her piano playing for mommy. I told her it made mommy feel better to hear such beautiful music so she kept right on playing each time we applauded for her. Above are just a few of the snapshots with the full slide show of the event below.



No comments: