Friday, April 10, 2009

April 8, 2009 Making her own Princess Crown

My little princess is modeling her crown that she made. I have recently discovered the foam crafts. I was looking at visors to make Sophia a little hat with pre-cut foam cut-outs. As I scanned up and down the row in the store, my eyes fell upon the crown. Recently, Sophia stepped on her plastic crown and cracked it. It was leftover from a surprise birthday party held for me by friends. I had given it to her to play princess with as a dress-ups hat and she played with it pretty often. I had felt bad that her little crown was destroyed so I was looking for a replacement. This was the perfect solution. I pulled out the princess crown and set the foam cut-outs on the table. I told her she could choose whatever she wanted from the pieces on the table and I would help her to attach them to her hat. She selected some stars and some princess pictures. I asked her where she wanted each piece and carefully removed the paper backing to reveal the sticky backs. I helped her a little as she put the pieces on the crown to make sure the pieces were adhering to the surface so they wouldn't fall off when she plays with them. I think for a first crown design, she did awesome! I am so proud of my little princess.

Here, she is showing me the finished product.



Putting her crown on and taking it off...

Goofing off to make mommy laugh



Placing some of the foam stars on the crown...

Silly girl wearing a mustache crown before she added the princess cut-outs. She put it on her head and it fell on her face because she didn't have it on right. She wasn't sure how to wear this hat at first, but she gave me a few laughs while figuring it out.

Dearest Princess Sophia Marie, mommy is so proud of your sense of humor and ability to entertain while we make a craft. You did very well. Mommy loves you.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: