Friday, April 10, 2009

April 2, 2009 "Back Pack", "Back Pack" - Sophia the Explorer

Sophia has recently discovered "Dora the Explorer" and loves the character "Back Pack!" She sings along with "Back Pack" everytime it is on TV. She only heard the word a couple times and now it is part of her regular everyday words. She pronounces it "Buck Puck!" which is so darn cute!

So, her Grandma brought her a "Back Pack." She instantly exclaimed, "Buck Puck", and launched into song, "Buck Puck! Buck Puck!" Anyone who has seen the show knows this cute little song.

Here, Sophia is proudly displaying her back pack over her head.

Her "Buck Puck" a newfound love.....
Sophia is learning words at a rate of about 2 to 4 new words a day. I can hardly keep up with her. Some of her new favorites words are "rainbow, unny (for Bunny), Map (from 'Dora the Explorer'), eggy, A, B ..."
She is also stringing words together in phrases. When Scott returned home from work the other day, he went into my room to change out of his work clothes like he does every night. Sophia exclaimed to me she was going to, "Get my Daddy!" What? Really? I couldn't believe my ears! (I was so shocked like the day at four months when she said, "Milk!") She is 18 months and stringing words together with possessive pronouns correctly. By no means is she always using full sentences with a subject and verb, but I am guessing that is not far off. How could that be? I asked Scott if I heard her right. He confirmed that is exactly what she said as she ran after him. I was shocked! I couldn't believe it. I guess all the time we spend reading books several times a day and my parallel talking is teaching her lots of vocabulary. I can only wonder what will she say next?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: