Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 22, 2008 Playing with Birthday Presents


Here is my darling one year old the day after her first birthday party.  She has recovered from the icing overload incident and is settling into a fun day.  She is checking out some of her new toys.  First, she watched her favorite furry red monster Elmo on TV in her brand new baby sized Elmo chair courtesy of her dear grandmother. 

Then, we had to play Zoo with the cool Fisher Price Zoo toy that her Uncle Mike gave her. She loves the little zoo and plays with it everyday several times a day.   I think this is one of Sophia's favorite toys. Thanks Uncle Mike.  It keeps her busy playing for a while. 

Next, Sophia decided to be adventurous and crawl under the kitchen table.  She crawled underneath that table and then pulled herself up to a stand.  She clearly underestimated her height though because she got stuck under the edge of the table and started crying because her head was caught under the lip of the bottom of the table.  Poor girl, rather then help her immeidately, I grabbed the camera which was next to me and documented this funny moment. I couldn't stop laughing for several minutes because she kept trying to get loose from under the table. 

After the table incident, I decided that I should let Sophia open a present from her friend in our playgroup, Ayla.  Ayla and Sophia's birthdays are only a couple days apart so we often have fun comparing notes on the growth and progress of our girls.  Ayla had a little gift for Sophia that Sophia opened here on our floor.  She received these neat crayons from Crayola called Tadoodles.  The were created with a toddler in mind. They are somewhat egg-shaped crayons that Sophia really enjoys. I did take a picture of her first bit of artwork she made with these crayons but have not had time to upload the picture to the website yet.  Ithink Sophia is going to get a lot of use out of these fun colors.   They are washable and I am thankful for that.  A side note to share, I can remember when my brother, Sophia's Uncle Mike wrote all over my bedroom walls with some beautiful crayons while I was at school one day that I left out when he was only a toddler. I am sure my parents will remember that little event.  Visions of my newly colored walls came to me when Sophia opened this gift.    That is the reason I only let her draw with them while seated in her high chair with me standing right beside her.   

I love you my dear little Sophia.  

No comments: