Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 9, 2008 Evening Homemade Playdough


Today I made some playdough for Sophia. She loved it as you can see.


I used the old traditional playdough recipe but I added a teaspoon of vanilla to make it smell better which is as follows:
>
> Traditional Play Dough
>
> * 1 cup flour
> * 1 cup warm water
> * 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
> * 1 teaspoon oil
> * 1/4 cup salt
> * food coloring
>
> Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

Sophia had fun smashing the balls of playdough and breaking pieces of the playdough into different things. I tried to make an Elmo face and she had fun taking the nose off and smashing the Elmo head into a mushy mess. I guess she didn't think that I was a good sculptor of her buddy Elmo. Well, at least I tried to make Elmo. She did laugh at it but maybe that was because it was pretty sad.

All of a sudden a huge silly grin spread across her face and I knew what she was thinking, "How does this taste?" She took a big old chunk of playdough and took a big bite out of it. Well, as you can imaging it didn't take long for her to make a nasty face and start gagging on the salty dough recipe. She spit it all out. Yuck! I wasn't really worried since it is all edible ingredients. I don't think she will be trying to eat playdough again anytime soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: