Sunday, August 3, 2008

And so the blog begins....




So, I finally got on board with the idea of blogging. I have been writing letters to Sophia in a journal as each new event arises in her life, my feelings and what I want her to know. However, in a journal I cannot add photographs to the event. Although my thoughts and feelings are displayed, adding photos would really enhance the story. So I have decided to join the rest of the bloggers out there and write my thoughts and add photographs. Eventually, I intend to have this made into a book each year for Sophia. That way my thoughts and memories will not be forever lost in some cyberspace world.

Dear Sophia,
Today, as we played together I realized you are starting to understand what we tell you, my sweet little girl. We, your daddy and I, had a great day today at home spending quality time with you Sophia. We played with your new toy that we bought yesterday. I also pulled the big wheel tricycle out for you to sit on in the family room. Of course, your daddy was taking videos of the whole experience. You are the most photographed child that I know. I put you on the baby tricycle and tucked your feet under onto the little bar below. I helped you put your hands on the handlebars and reassured you that you can do this because you are a big girl now. Elmo is your favorite character at this time in your life. Since Elmo has a song "Riding a bicycle, la la la..........; I sing this to you each time I take you on bike rides. I think it helps you understand what is going on since we have seen that episode of Elmo a few times now. I am by no means a good singer, but I try to make you laugh and feel confident while riding a bike. Today was no exception. You sat up on the baby tricycle big wheel like you knew what to do. I pushed you forward and backward with the handle on the tricycle. You loved it. I even made silly back-up beep beep sounds when I pulled the toy backward. It was fun to see the delighted expression on your face as you moved around the family room floor. You have a beautiful smile. I am still not ready to let you ride this toy outside for fear that you will fall off. Although, when you do fall, we are teaching you to not cry, but dust yourself off and get back up on the bike. It is important to your father and I that you keep trying, and never give up no matter what. At least inside the house, the carpet is soft if you do fall. You are sitting up really well now which is why I chose to today to pull out that baby tricycle that I got for you a couple months ago. At a little over 10 months you are doing great.









I can admit that I am a little worried that you are not crawling although you do get up on your knees and rock back and forth. Since you choose to move about the room by rolling around on the floor, I do feel that there is no cause for concern. You definitely have the desire to get from point A to point B, you are just taking a creative approach in your method to get there. I love you with all my heart Sophia and can't wait to see what you have in store for us tomorrow. Each day is a new adventure when you have a child.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful beginnings to a blog -- what a sweetie girl! 10 months already???

Vicki said...

I'm so glad you joined! Sophia is such a cutie. You get great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the bragging world... I mean blogging world!!