Thursday, August 21, 2008

11 Months and Counting or should I say Crawling....




Sophia is 11 months old today. My little baby girl is growing up so fast. I can’t believe it is only one month until she is one year old.

Some things she started today are as shown in the following photographs.

We started out today by having raisins and cereal. Sophia not only took raisins out of the box, she put them back into the box after she spilled them on her highchair tray. She usually, just eats them right from the tray or swipes them onto the floor for me to clean up.

Our Parents as Teachers Educator, Michelle came to visit with Sophia. I told Sophia that Miss Michelle was bringing her toys and coming over to our house to play again like she did a few months ago. The school year has begun and therefore so has the Parents As Teachers program. It is a great program and I learn so many things that I can teach Sophia. Sophia has changed so much since our educator was here in May.

Michelle had an egg carton for Sophia to sort tiny rubber ducks into and place pom poms into the cups. I was telling Michelle that Sophia plays with her rubber ducks in the tub so she knows what those are and tries to say “Quack, Quack!” Sophia chimed in from the prompt, “Glack Glack!” Sophia pronounces the duck sounds “Glack Glack”. We both laughed. It is the only animal sound she knows so far although we are working on other animals. She also read books and played with the “Very Hungry Caterpiller” toys. She quickly bored of those since we have read that book a hundred times. However, she did enjoy the book about “Ten In The Bed.” As each of the animals fell out of bed in the story, she laughed as if she understood that it was funny animals were falling out of the bed. I really don’t think she “understood” it was funny, she just thought she was supposed to laugh. All in all it was a fun hour. Sophia is right on target for hitting the milestones for 8 months to 14 months and in some cases a little ahead which is great. I am so proud of my little girl.

She played on the floor with her toys for a while after lunch and in a split moment while I was browsing the internet, she crawled out of sight. I looked over where she had been sitting playing with her toys and freaked out. She was very quiet. Then, I heard her rounding the corner down the hallway near her bedroom towards me making her way into the office where I was. So, I turned it into a quick game of Hide and Seek. She found me by listening to me call to her. She was excited that she found me.

Shortly thereafter, she also did something I wasn’t expecting. She was playing in her play yard while I went outside to water the flowers. When I came back in she was pulling herself up to a stand. I couldn’t believe my eyes. When did my baby learn to stand? Of course, I documented it with the camera as usual.


















She mailed the junk mail in the little cardboard post office box.




















We also played “Follow the Leader” on the floor. I got down on hands and knees and crawled around on the floor. We did this yesterday while I was scrubbing the baseboards. Today we let Brandy our dog play too. So they lined up behind me Brandy and then Sophia, and we crawled all over the house. It was great fun for the dog and Sophia and I got some more housework done while entertaining them.

For dinner Sophia tried meatloaf and green beans for the first time. She loved it and ate every bite.

We attempted to take her 11 month bear picture but as you can see she wouldn’t lay down and be still anymore. It seems it is getting more difficult to take these pictures each month. She wanted to crawl away out of the picture.

No comments: