Saturday, March 19, 2011

Barbie gets a smokin hot swimsuit


I have been working diligently on some new designs and techniques that are just not coming together at the moment. So, I thought I would take a little break with a quick diversion which would surprise my daughter in the morning.

I looked through my scraps and found a smoking hot little animal print scrap just large enough to make a bikini swimsuit for Barbie. I did not use any type of pattern whatsoever so this is a one of a kind original. I serged this little swimsuit for Barbie sized dolls.The bottom of the swimsuit is just a simple A-line style skirt and the top is a scrunched bikini top.  It is serged with a three thread rolled hem. I used a scrap of Velcro for the closure so my three year old could put the swimsuit on Barbie without my assistance. Now that I completed something, I will get back to work on my other puzzling project.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Design Lab 443 said...

So fun!!! I love making barbie clothes.