Friday, March 20, 2009

March 18, Caged Animal or Curious Toddler?

Today we were cleaning and getting ready for the contractor to work in the basement and I scrubbed out Brandy's dog crate. When I brought it back in the house all nice and dry; Sophia just couldn't help checking it out. Sophia is usually napping when I clean the crate so she never sees it without Brandy. She is so curious lately that she opened the door and walked right inside. Then, she closed the door.

I just couldn't help laughing as I watched this all taking place and thinking as a mom sometimes you think you want to put your kid in a cage when they are acting really crazy, but of course you would never do that. Anyway, Sophia had fun playing in the sparkling clean dog crate.

Here she is modeling for the camera her newfound discovery play toy.  Sophia is probably thinking, "Mommy, really I didn't let the dog out. She wasn't in there when I got here."
In case you were wondering, the reason she has no pants on is that she is almost potty trained at 18 months. We are really trying to help her remember to go on the potty chair. By not having anything on but her Pull-Up on she seems to remember to tell me in enough time to get to the potty chair and we have fewer accidents which means buying less diapers. Yeah!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: