Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009 My Little Glamour Girl









Posted by Picasa
This morning we stayed home so that I could get some much needed housework done. I started out by catching up on the laundry. I was folding some of Sophia and my clothes when I looked up and realized Sophia had been hard at work turning my family room into a disaster area with her toys.  Once she finished that, she went into her room to get something else out.  I just couldn't wait to find out what was in store for me.  I found out soon enough, it was time to play dress-ups by what she brought back to me.

The other day I took Sophia shopping for some new sandals for Spring but somehow ended up coming home with some new rain boots.  Here is how the story unfolds.  We were in the shoe section at the store and we found the sweetest little pair of sandals that were white with hearts on the side that I think light up.  Well, as my luck would have it, there were no size 6.5 or 7anywhere in sight. Sophia wanted them so bad but was very disappointed when I told her there were none in her size.  I told her we couldn't buy them because they were too small and wouldn't fit her feet. With no sizes even remotely close to being an option for her, my daughter had a meltdown in the store.  How embarassing!  She definitely knows what she likes and really wanted those sandals. Well, I felt awful for her. I had told her we were looking for shoes for her and now there was no chance we were going home with the wrong size shoes.  So, I had to use some quick thinking.  I thought I will let her hold the display shoe until I can find something else to distract her with.  We headed over the Clearance Rack and low and behold, Size 7 shoes were all over it. We found her new favorite rain boots on clearance for,  I kid you not $3.49.  What a bargain. They are pictured here in black with little sparkles on them.  Sophia grabbed them out of my hand and wouldn't let go until she tried them on.  They were a little big but for such a small price, I thought we will take a chance on them.  She beemed a huge smile at me indicating that she liked them very much.   I told her she could have them and quickly handed her the box which allowed me to snag the model shoe out of her other hand to be replaced back on the shelf.  She held that box of boots for dear life.  She wouldn't even let the check-out person take them to scan for fear she wouldn't get them back.   We checked out and headed home. 

Today Sophia grabbed those boots out of her room and insisted on wearing them. Since we were staying home, I figured what could it hurt. I had dressed her in a plain old white T-shirt and some training pants to practice going on the potty today.  I didn't put any pants on her over the training pants so we could get them off quickly.  Since she put the boots on with my help of course, I decided to slip her skirt on to make the outfit look a little better.  The next thing I knew she had snagged some of my satin PJs and was wrapping them around herself like some fashionable drape or vogue scarf.   I guess she has been reading too many of my fashion magazines. I usually ask her to find babies in the magazines or any other thing I dream up on the spot.  Well, I guess she has been looking at the models in there too or something and felt these boots deserved more than a plain old white T-Shirt and a red skirt.  I have to admit she was right.  
See the photos of the fun.  I am so in trouble when she is a teenager knowing that she has such an opinion of clothes at such an early age.  I often hold her up to the hangers full of clothes in her closet and let her pick a dress or favorite outfit and then we put it on.  I think I might have created a fashion monster.  She really loves those boots andhas been wearing them all day. 

1 comment:

Emalily said...

Sophia looks fashion fabulous! Size 7 shoes?!?! She must be so tall now. Ayla is still in a 4. We can't wait to see you both next week.