Friday, March 20, 2009

March 18, 2009 Monkey Hand Puppet Craft

As of lately, I have been noticing how short Sophia's attention span has become. It is a challenge to get her to stay focused on any one task. I thought we would try something that would challenge her and have a fun to play with result so we made a puppet. I chose a monkey because Sophia loves Curious George and I thought that might hold her attention.
Here she is putting together the paper bag monkey puppet with my help of course. She is putting the nose on the monkey. This craft not only was great for tuning fine motor skills, it was also a great review of body parts. I asked her to show me each part as we worked. I asked her for the eyes and then the nose, etc.
Here Sophia is walking around testing the finished product.

Wow! Look at what we made, a monkey.

Posing for the camera with her monkey puppet.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: