Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sophia learns to sew during ICD fall break

 While Kaylee was at preschool today Sophia and I spent some quality time together shopping, having lunch, and learning a new skill.  She asked if I would teach her how to sew when we stopped in the fabric store today.
 I told her she could pick out a fabric and I would teach her how to make a simple skirt.  She chose this whimsical spooky cat fabric.  She was SO excited.  The photo above is her wearing the spooky skirt she sewed this afternoon. She actually remembered how to thread the sewing machine.  I better watch out.  She is going to want to play with my serger next. I am so proud of her.
She chose a fun whimsical fabric for her sister too so as she stated, "Kaylee needs one too so she won't be jealous." 
  I quickly serged a little fun spooky skirt for Kaylee too.

No comments: