Friday, April 26, 2013

Learning new techniques on my Babylock Evolution Serger



Here is an overlock stitch with a chain stitch.

Pictured is the reverse side of the overlock fabric with a chain stitch.

My new serger can stitch with 8 threads simultaneously.  It took a bit to get the hang of it.

Pictured is the reverse side of the fabric.


This is a technique called serger lace that I read about some time ago.  My old serger was not capable of doing this pretty intricate edging.  This is fun to do and looks delicate and pretty on the edge of fabric.
Making serger lace with rainbow colors is fun and decorative for fancy fabrics. I can't wait to try it on something other than white cotton fabric which I used here.  It took me a few tries to get the hang of this but the end result is colorful and fun. I look forward to trying it with some bulky/woolly nylon or pearl crown thread. 

No comments: