Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ruffles ruffles everywhere make a little girl smile




The fabric store is my favorite place to go for inspiration. Sometimes a fabric just jumps right out at me and says take me home and make something extraordinary.  I have to admit I am loving the girly girl ruffles that are popular right now. Cascades of feminine ruffles just flowing over this bright fabric make it light flirty and fun. The first thing I made was a couple scarves for my online shop.

Then I got a little crazy and sewed lots of other fun stuff without a pattern for a complete original ruffled ensemble for my little fashionista Sophia.



I made an adorable ruffled skirt for Sophia.



Next I made her a matching mini child's size skinny scarf shown above that she can wear over whatever blouse I make for her to coordinate with her skirt.


I cut a skinny strip of fabric 24 inches wide and about 4 inches tall. I cut the strip into two 12 inch strips and feather stitched so would be stretchy but stronger than a zig zag stitch them to some fresh new white anklet socks.





Sophia was excited about these and Kaylee asked for a pair too.



Here is the entire ensemble modeled by Sophia.


Kaylee is modeling the ruffled socks because she insisted on trying them on. I will make some for her too but a little smaller since these are practically knee socks on her.

- Posted using BlogPress from my
iPhone

No comments: