Thursday, January 27, 2011

Playing "School" with my little learner




Monday : math adding

Sophia loves doing activities and although it is waaaaayyyy too early to worry about addition and subtraction. Her daddy wants her to learn it now because her heard someone say their kid knows these concepts before kindergarten.

As a mom I use a lot of real world examples in everyday conversation to teach her things and like how many birds are in the tree. Here comes another and we count how many. From a toddlers perspective we are just counting birds but from an adult's perspective she is learning that things can be added and taken away (subtracted).

Also go get that pink pillow or put that blue tutu back in your room.

I love teaching her this way but her dad wants to see what she is doing so I started printing off worksheets again that they can do for homework once I have taught her the lesson.

I am proud that at three she knows most of her letters and some of their sounds and can count to thirty for the most part. Although she says twenty-teen for twenty and skips fifteen often.

So here we are doing our daily assignments and learning how to add. I know there are tons of concepts that we should cover before adding like more and less but we will get to those someday.


Tuesday: math adding

Here is another worksheet she loved because it was adding sweets.


Wednesday: matching
Teddy bears are always fun to match with their friends.


Okay, these photos are loading upside down so I guess my iPhone is disoriented again. Anyway, you get the picture. She saw these mixed up animals and laughed. I cut them out and she enjoyed doing the puzzles and matching them back up.





We also worked on the number two yesterday. She colored a picture of two gingerbread men and I cut them out after she practiced cutting with scissors on the page. The page had a two on it and a practice drawing area for the number two. That part of the paper did not survive so it won't be in the blog. I originally intended to keep it in one piece but my toddler and baby had other plans for it like cutting out with scissors and eating. Ha ha ha! Oh well!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: