Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Making a loaf of bread

Sophia and I tried a new activity today. I taught her how to bake bread. We made old fashioned home-made bread from scratch with the simple ingredients as follows: flour, sugar, yeast, salt, milk, and water. We did not use a bread maker. We did however use the Kitchen Aid mixer with the bread beater for some of the kneading.

Once everything was mixed and kneaded. We put it into a bowl covered with a towel and set it on top the oven to rise. By turning on the oven it really helped it to rise and more than double in size. We let it rise for a little over an hour during naptime.



Here she making mini Sophia loaf.


Kneading the dough alongside me. Wow! She had so much fun that it was worth the mess.


"Mommy, can I eat it yet?"


Put it in the pan to rise for another hour. Then, bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.


The baked loaves. Sophia's mini loaf of bread in front of my Old fashioned home-made loaf of bread. Slice and smother with some butter. Eat. Mmmm! Yummy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: