Friday, November 19, 2010

The baby food jars -snow globes

Making snow globes


Kaylee has been eating lots of jars full of baby food so rather than throw them out, I thought we would recycle them.


Sophia painted the lids.


Sophia and I molded the polymer clay into Christmas shapes and then she painted them.


Then I baked them at 275 degrees for about 20 minutes to harden them up.


Next I let her place them on the jar lids. I then glued them down permanently with Gorilla glue. I let her add about a teaspoon of glitter and then I added the distilled water and a teaspoon of vinegar to keep the mold away and glued the lids permanently shut.


She turned them all over and now we have lots of mini snow globes to give to family for Christmas presents from Kaylee and Sophia.


Here she is pretty proud of her project.

No comments: