Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sophia has always loved to read books. Here is her new favorite series of books



Sophia loves hearing stories every night at bed time. Not only do we read books at night but often read a book here and there throughout the day.  I can appreciate all the Disney Princess books but honestly needed something different.  I was so tired of reading the same stories again and again.  This gave us a new alternative.

My friend and neighbor introduced us to Petalwink, the fairy, books today.  She had an open house at her home for us to meet the author and see the books. I went there to check out the books and fell in love with them. The author was as sweet as she could be and wanted to know all about my daughter.  She signed all the books that I bought today.   I bought all the books that are currently available. There are seven in the series but only four have been published and on hand for purchase. The author signed the first four books in the series for Sophia.

We read the first one tonight and Sophia loved it so much that she wanted me to read it again and again. Then, she asked her daddy to read it too.   I didn't tell her that there were more for fear that we would have to read them all tonight and be up all night.  I can't wait to read the next three in the series. They have a great message in them for the kids too.


No comments: