Monday, December 29, 2008

December 18, 2008 Trimming the Christmas Tree




Daddy and Sophia are putting up the Christmas tree.  Last year, Scott bought a new pre-lit 12 foot Christmas tree.  In the photo Scott is plugging in the tree and showing Sophia how we put up the tree.  



Posted by Picasa
Sophia found the Angel "baby" as stated by Sophia, for Daddy.  Scott is really into Christmas decorations and has collected Hallmark ornaments for about the past 20 years. Many of the ones we have are sound and motion ornaments.  They plug into the light sockets for power.  This makes putting up our tree a several day adventure to say the least.  Well, this year we just barely got the tree up in time for Santa to make his delivery because I was working too much. Retail hours make it tough for us all to be home at the same time.  So, Dec 18 was the first chance we were all home and not completely exhausted to get the tree up.  With our new 12 foot tree, it was quite a challenge to figure out how to get the Hallmark ornaments working.  I tried to plug in a few and they didn't fit into the light sockets.  That meant we would need to put additional lights on our already pre-lit tree.  There just wasn't time for extra work this year and so the ornaments didn't work. The majority of them are on the tree, but they are not magically working and I am slightly disappointed. 

Not only am I sad about the ornaments not working, I am also very disappointed that I was also not able to display my collection of Department 56 villages.  How I miss my large collection of churches and villages. I just really didn't have time to put them out and figure out how to keep Sophia from destroying them in the process.  I suppose I will get over it in a few days when the magic of Christmas happens and we see the delight in Sophia's eyes as she discovers the neat things Santa will bring.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: