Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 18, 2008 There's a bunny at the Christmas Party, what?


The Christmas Party for Sophia's playgroup was lots of fun for Sophia.  It was held at our friends' house.  I didn't realize until I got home tonight that I only took two pictures at the party.  I am not sure why.  I know I was very tired and probably not thinking clearly from lack of sleep.  I was 20 minutes late because I tried to sneak in a power nap that morning which threw our whole morning routine out of whack.  

Our friend Jennifer hosted the party at her home.  She always does such a fantastic job of hosting.  She had tons of toys for all the kids to enjoy.  I know I saw lots of smiles on the children's faces as they played.  

Sophia seemed to be having fun with the other kids.    She really enjoyed eating all the yummy food everyone brought.  While we were sampling the food everyone brought, she took a huge slice of lettuce right out of my sandwich and off of my plate.   I guess we will have to work on teaching her not to take food off of people's plates.  However, it was so funny.  She put her hand around that lettuce and swiped it right off of my ham sandwich.  I took one look at her as she immediately stuck the lettuce in her mouth. It was so funny to see her chomping away on that bunny rabbit food lettuce leaf that I chose not to take it from her.  She is used to mommy cutting up all her food into bite sized morsels.  The mommies were laughing as they saw this take place.  One even asked if she always eats lettuce like this.  Well, I am here to tell you that she does eat lettuce but it is usually part of a salad which has been cut up into small bites for her.   Not only does she eat lettuce, but she also eats all vegetables sometimes even better than she eats meat.  I hope I don't have a vegetarian on my hands.  So, maybe she will continue to eat right as time goes by.  At least that is what I am hoping for as I expose her to new flavors and textures. 

Merry Christmas bunny, I mean my darling little Sophia.  Mommy loves you.    

No comments: