Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 15, 2008 By the light of the Candles...







































December 15 has arrived and I thought it was about time to start getting the Christmas decorations up.  Christmas is just around the corner.  

Tonight I told Sophia to follow me because I had something to show her.  I told her to come with me and we were going to start putting the candles in the window.  So, I told her to stand back and I would light up the dark room with light. She loved the effect of the candle reflections in the window as expressed by her giggles and smiles in the pictures.  Then, she had to give the window kisses and lick the window as you will see in some of the photos.   Thank God I recently cleaned the windows.   I told her to be careful so her tongue woudn't stick to the window.    Here are just a few of the snapshots I took of her enjoying the beautiful lights.  After this Sophia played the piano, we cuddled up on the couch and read the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and then the story of the "Nativity Scene" in her Catholic Bible board book. She loved hearing about the "baby" Jesus and looking at the animals in the stable with the baby.   It was a "Very Special Night" indeed. 




3 comments:

Vicki said...

Love those pictures! How cute.

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful pictures! It would be neat to frame one and put it away with your Christmas decorations to pull out next year.

Sikes Family said...

Thanks! That is a good idea. I just might so that.