Monday, July 30, 2012

Last night's dinner was straight out of the garden



 I picked all of this out of our garden. Yummy.

I decided to make dinner with as much of it as I could. Of course, I still have plenty of extras.

We grilled some salmon on the grill and the rest of the meal was veggies.

I made a fresh salad with lettuce, not pictured here although I grew it, and sliced up some of everything here plus celery and carrots. I did not put acorn squash in the salad, but I plan to bake that this week.

I also sautéed some zucchini, squash, green onions, and fresh sliced tomatoes with a little salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic. My husband and the kids loved the sautéed veggies on top of their grilled salmon.

For dessert we had more of the zucchini bread that I baked yesterday. My husband had a great idea of having a single scoop of vanilla Icecream atop the bread like an a la mode pie. I will definitely be baking more of this yummy zucchini bread.

It was a delicious dinner filled with vegetables. Yummy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: