Here are my results:
First I took some random strips of red with white polka dot fabric I had leftover from another project. I serged a rolled hem on one raw edge of each. Next, I put the ruffling foot on the serger and ruffled and serged the sock edge and fabric edge together. Ta Da! Kaylee has a ruffled pair of socks.
Next task make ruffled lettuce edged socks on serger. These turned out okay but next time I try it I will use wooly nylon instead of regular thread. It makes a fancier edge and spreads out better. This was just a first trial, I wonder if I can do this test.
The third trial was Ribbon ruffle socks serged up in a minute with the ruffling foot. These are my favorite so far. I sewed these sock with bright pink with black polka dots grosgrain ribbon.
My challenge for today was fun. I knew today was going to be busy and I didn't have a lot of time to sew so I decided I would finally try a few quick things i had on my mind.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone