Friday, September 16, 2011

Hemming dresses that is all I got


My life has been a little crazy lately since I have decided to pursue an absolutely crazy goal of wanting to complete a triathlon before I am forty years old. This amazing feat which I have decided is going to help me lose the baby weight requires constant training. Unfortunately for me between chasing Kaylee and keeping her out of trouble, answering Sophia's stream of conscience questions, doing all the normal household chores and mom stuff; training for my long term goal is making me drop into bed with exhaustion each night.

Anyone who knows me well knows that I tend to be a bit of an overachiever. I feel a goal isn't worth it if it can be reached easily. I believe in working hard to get an end result. Laziness is not an option. The harder you work, the more you appreciate the outcome.

Many who have known me for awhile know that I usually bite off more than I can chew, work a job or three, pursue a Major in college or two. Workout twice a day studying martial arts while learning to ride a mountain  bike. Yes, even studying for my Master's Degree several years back while working full time job. Deciding to learn to sew but not just with a sewing machine, learning how to use a serger at the same time. Yes, my history of pursuing interests and hobbies and learning is a bit overwhelming to most but what can I say, I don't want to be a "boring" person and I will have loads of memories and stories to tell my children and grandchildren someday, maybe. I am rarely ever bored and don't sit still for long unless I am asleep. Zzzzzz!

So once again Debbie has taken on the seemingly impossible mission of wanting to complete a triathlon before 40 as a long term goal to my short term goal of losing weight. The only problem is, I don't "know how to run". I mean "run" properly like runners do in a race. So on June 8, 2011 I started a new endeavor. I started running. On off days from running I have been riding the bike and even took a few spinning classes. With all this going on. It has not left a lot of time in my day for my other favorite pastime of sewing. So I am settling for "hemming" dresses. With the weather changing, I expect I will once again have regular dates with my sewing machine hiding away from everyone in my (relaxing oasis, no, just kidding) office and being able to create fun with material and thread. I sure miss sewing with my machines but with everything else, being a wife and mom there just isn't enough hours in the day. A mom my age needs at least a little beauty sleep because I sure am not getting any younger.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: