Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Crafts




The maker of Frankenstein



The little papers Sophia is holding are the pictures of what we are making.



I never cease to be amazed at my daughter's ability to do things. Last night I assembled some Halloween craft kits in ziploc freezer bags to pull out to work on when we need some activities. Who knew we would make them all in about fifteen minutes.

I cut out all the pieces and put all the materials with a little picture of what was to be made out of each one so I could remember on any given day what we were supposed to do with each little ziploc bag kit. I put them on the table and told Sophia we were going to do some crafts.

I opened the first bag and told her to color the Frankenstein green with the green marker. I laid the little picture of what we were making next to her so she could see he was green. I went inside to make lunch for a minute. When I came back, Sophia had finished coloring and proceeded to paste the other materials on the paper plate just like the picture. I didn't even tell her what to do. I am amazed that she figured it out just by looking at my tiny picture of the craft.

She proceeded to do the same for the other items too.




The giant scary spider



The pumpkin face


Here are the finished projects. I can't believe we did them all so quickly. I guess I need to make crafts a little more challenging. So much for planning ahead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: