Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 2, 2008 Sophia Plays the Piano



Sophia is playing the piano for me.   When I am busy working on something in the kitchen, I often ask Sophia to go to the piano and play some music for me.  She crawls over to the piano, pulls herself up using the stool, and plays the piano for me.  It is funny that one day I just asked her to go play the piano and followed her into the other room.  I usually carry her to the piano and sit her on my lap as we practice together. We have been doing this since she was born at least once or twice a week.  The day she went to play I couldn't believe that she knew what I was talking about and demonstrated her skills.  Of course, I  had to run back and grab the camera to capture the moment.  Here is our future pianist.  

Oh, I forgot to mention her favorite red furry pal, Elmo plays the piano every day on Elmo's World so maybe that is how she learned what a piano is.  Who knows?

Granted for those of you who don't know, Scott and I do not know how to play the piano properly, that is why we bought a Disk Lavier which plays the keys on the piano from the notes of the music on CD or floppy diskettes. I am able to read music having studied music theory for several years, so I can tinker around a few simple songs like; "Ode to Joy", "Row, Row, Row your Boat", and "Mary Had a Little Lamb", although, I have not had formal piano lessons."  We bought this piano while pregnant with Sophia in hopes of having a child that would love music.   I played the music CDs as often as possible while pregnant with her so she could hear the pretty music. I think she likes playing so far, so we will keep our fingers crossed that the piano doesn't become just another pretty collector of dust in my home.   Sophia keep playing baby! You are bound to be great at music if you follow in your family's footsteps. 

No comments: