Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4, Day of Firsts, She Walks, Eats White Castles










Sophia and I went to the park today Election Day. The weather was beautiful and Sophia enjoyed herself at the park. She was very good today so I took her out to lunch. In honor of her late Grandmother Sally Sikes, who loved the mini burgers from White Castles, I took her for her First White Castle Burger. She ate the burger like a big girl. She took the sandwich and ate it like she has been eating burgers forever. She also said "George" while watching Curious George for the first time. 

When we finished lunch we went for a nice bike ride all around our neighborhood. It was so pretty that we just rode around until I could barely pull her up the hills anymore. My legs were burning and I finally decided to call it quits.

We came home and Sophia had a nice sippy cup full of juice and then it happened. She was standing next to me as I sat on the couch resting from our bike ride. She reached over and started shredding a box of Kleenex. Then, she turned around and took four steps holding the shredded tissues in hand, she WALKED. She forgot to hold onto something because the tissues were in her hand. Then, she grabbed onto me because she realized she was walking. Yeah Sophia! I am so proud of you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day! I meant to ask you when I saw her at the park if it had happened yet! Did you cry.

Vicki said...

Yay Sophia! Soon you'll be running around with all the other kids. Can't wait to see you do it!