Monday, November 3, 2008

November 2, 2008 Modeling the Duck Costume Great Grandma



Sophia and her Soap Box

Great Grandma and Uncle Mike came over to see the Lil' Ducky. Sophia was playing on the floor next to all her toys with her new found interest in a box of soap. This new toy was all the rage after our return from Costco. She pushed this soap box all over the floor for hours. Then, when she was modeling her costume for my grandmother, Sophia's Great Grandma she once again started playing with this soap box. Isn't it funny what entertains kids. You can buy them the fanciest, coolest toys in the world and they still play with boxes like this. She had more fun with this box scooting around in her duck costume than I thought possible.

Sophia enjoyed playing with her Great Grandma and demonstrating her ducky moves. It was an awfully hot night for a furry warm costume so Sophia started to take it off by herself. Even Great Grandma got into the fun and tried on the ducky hat. I know, I know, where is the air conditioning Mom? Sorry, I am not that good at costume making yet or will I ever be for that matter. I hear they do have coolants in those character costumes they use in the big theme parks and such. How was I to know it would be in the 70 degree temperatures for Halloween. It is always cold or raining or snowing in St. Louis. This unseasonal weather made it too hot for the poor furry little duck dressed for a cold night

No comments: